Sunday, April 10, 2011

Jasmine-Rejuvenating Vegetable Soap

This soap advertises itself as being "a scented soap made with quality ingredients, carefully crafted by traditional soapmakers in India".

My best friend bought this soap for me as a random pep gift, and I must say that I love the soap! It smells ABSOLUTELY wonderful-carries quite a strong scent!-and it is fantastic to use. The soap is gentle enough for hands, that is it isn't coarse as other soaps can be, and I use it to even clean my face! I admit that I've slipped up once or twice and accidentally got the soap in my eye, but those incidents only proved how wonderful the soap is. It didn't sting my eyes! Most soaps that I use (okay, well, a LARGE majority of the ones I own) sting my eyes, but this bar doesn't! Also, to get back to the scent, the scent of Jasmine is very therapeutic.

The bar is made of: hydrogenated rice bran wax, palm oil, coconut oil, water, coconut stearic acid, glycerin, perfume, citric acid,  sodium chloride, sodium hydroxide, and zinc oxide.

The soap is a product of Palam Rural Centre, Tamilnadu, India and is part of a nonprofit program of Mennonite Central Committee.

Lastly, I'd like to add how pleased I was by the packaging of the soap. Although the feeling of being charitable towards a third world country's products is self-satisfying and wonderful, appearance also makes a bar of soap worth purchasing.

Tell me, what are some of your favorite soaps? I will be doing reviews on a few other soaps later on, so please check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment