Saturday, August 6, 2011

Candy-Delicious!

Hello, girlies! I've been traveling a lot this week, so forgive me for not updating my posts.

While in one of the areas I was visiting, we decided to go to an imported foods store. The store was full of delicious looking Asian food, including an odd Japanese ice, Popsicle treat. However, I didn't buy those. What I did get are the following:



Shown here are the front and back of a Rice Candy pack I bought. The candies were wrapped in rice paper, which dissolved in my mouth once on my tongue and revealed a fruity, chewy candy in the middle. It was quite odd, especially the rice, however I sort of liked it! The rice became a little old after a while, and I really just wanted the chewy gummy, but that's what makes it worth eating. There was also a free sticker inside of a Japanese child on top of a turtle's back.


The second candy pack I got was a pack containing a bunch of gum. There are four balls of gum in each Strawberry, Melon, Grape and Orange pack, and then one single piece for the other three special pieces. I have tried the Strawberry and Grape, which released their flavor too quickly and lasted about five minutes before tasting a little bland, however the Peach gum I tried was delicious and lasted much longer. All in all, I will be going back there again when I get the chance to buy this gum pack again. I also purchased Banana milk, however I haven't tried it yet.

What is your favorite oriental candy? Is there a candy you love that isn't sold where you live?

No comments:

Post a Comment