Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Burt's Bees Review

Yesterday I purchased two Burt's Bees lip shimmer balms because I'd been curious to try them out and they were half off.

The two I chose were Champagne and Guava, as seen below.

After trying the products, I was a bit disappointed because I didn't really know what to expect as far as smell and flavor. Both are minty and smell minty as well. I'm not a huge fan of mint, simply because it's too boring for me, but the outcome of color and the way it applies is wonderful!

The lip balm applies very smoothly, even over dried lips, and leaves lips smooth for a long while after use. The color tints are impressive as well, because I was skeptical that they would leave any color at all.


On the left is Champagne, and on the right is Guava. I'm really partial to Champagne because it's sparkly, as is Guava, but it's sheer and looks more natural.

Overall, pretty good! Better than most lip balms and chapsticks I've had. I only wish it came in flavors with better scents. I feel great though knowing that I'm applying an organic lip balm, so that helps me get past the hard feelings.

Have you tried this lip balm before? How do you feel about it if so? Would you be willing to try, or is there another lip balm you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment